Terms & Conditions
Vollyspot has a series of terms and conditions that you must agree to in order to use our service.
We kept them as short as we could.
Have a read through them below.
- Terms and Condtions Introduction
- Vollyspot – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Date of Last Revision: March 5, 2016.
Please read the following Terms and Conditions & Acceptable Use carefully before completing an Event Application Form with Vollyspot as the following information constitutes as a legal agreement.
Vollyspot (“Site”) is a web application offered through the URL www.vollyspot.com.au and is owned and managed by Vollyspot (“Vollyspot”). The "Event" is defined as third party company / business utilising Vollyspots' services that you have the ability to apply for through the Site and accept the relevant terms of your personal information use.
The following Terms define the Terms And Conditions under which you are allowed to use Vollyspot and how we will treat your (“User”) information on our system. If you have any questions about our terms, feel free to contact us using the information listed at the bottom of this document.
- 1. The Terms and Conditions
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your use of this Internet website (Site). By using this Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted.
- 2. Eligibility
- In order to use the Site, you must:
1. be at least eighteen (18) years old and able to enter into contracts;
2. complete the registration process;
3. agree to the Terms; and
4. provide true, complete, and up to date information.
- 3. Agreement
- By clicking on the “I Agree” button, you agree to and accept the Terms as outlined within this document. If you do not agree to these Terms you should not continue with your account registration and cease using our services and website application.
- 4. Term
- The Term begins when you register your details with the Site and continues as long as your account is indicated active within the user’s settings. Entering your personal information into our system on registration will constitute for a signed agreement of the Terms set below.
Registration does not guarantee provided opportunities and / or unpaid or paid involvements through our services.
- 5. Privacy Statement
- 6. The information we collect
- We lawfully collect personal information that is necessary for our business to function. The information we collect and hold will depend upon the level of involvement you have with us, which may include: Information you provide us when you complete the registration form or documentation provided to Vollyspot when engaged for an event opportunity.
- 7. Information derived from communications between you and us
- The use of the functions and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information we collect. The only personal information we collect when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing the registration form to join the Site, or when you send us an email we will record these details.
- 8. How we use your information
- We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required to do so by law and/or to fulfil our business services. The following instances may be required of Vollyspot to complete our business function. Vollyspot may:
· forward any personal details to event organisers or other contractors when required.
· provide a record of your involvement to Event/s that you have been associated with for historical use,
· provide contact information for e-newsletters and/or for record use of the Event you have applied for through Vollyspot,
· any other Terms & Conditions as outlined within individual Event application forms at the time of applying for that specific involvement,
· applicants will be able to unsubscribe from any Event updates at anytime by following prompts included at the bottom of each newsletter.
To protect our users' privacy, user identities will not be shown to third party companies unless you apply for that specific Event or Activity. Requesting or providing Email addresses or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Vollyspot with other users is not permitted.
- 9. Access to your personal information
- If you wish to verify, amend or gain access to your personal information that Vollyspot holds about you, you may do so by contacting us via email or by visiting your profile page within the Site.
You’re responsible for keeping your login name and password confidential. You’re also responsible for any account that you have access to, whether or not you authorised the use. You’ll immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your accounts. We’re not responsible for any losses due to stolen or hacked passwords. We don’t have access to your current password, and for security reasons, we only have the ability to reset your password or deactivate your account.
- 10. Communication
- By registering your details on the Site you may receive multiple forms of communication relating your to participation or upcoming opportunities / competitions. By using this website you are agreeing to have you email and any details you enter to be added to an email subscription mailing list. Vollyspot may communicate to you via:
- SMS Notifications: SMS notifications will provide information or updates regarding your applied position responsibilities / shift times or event information. You may also receive SMS notification regarding upcoming events and account certification requirements.
- E-mails: Vollyspot will use email as the main communication tool between you and us. We hold the ability to make contact through the email address provided to share relevant opportunities, industry news, rosters, updates and / or event information.
- Phone Communication: At any stage, Vollyspot may contact you via phone to confirm information or rosters with you. Contractors involved operationally at events may also call phone numbers provided and emergency contacts that you have provided Vollyspot regarding your involvement
- 11. Use of the Site & Services
- As a User of the Site, you are specifically prohibited from:
· promoting unauthorised commercial communications such as spam for purposes of collecting information unless approved by Vollyspot. Vollyspot reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict certain domains or URLs at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
· collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the Site using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods on any part of the Site or the Site Content;
· altering, adapting, modifying or manipulating any part of the Site or the Site Content;
· manipulating or otherwise displaying the Site or the Site Content by using framing or similar navigational elements;
· using the Site or the Site Content other than for its intended purpose including any commercial use including, but not limited to:
o sale of access to the Site or its related services on another website, unless formally agreed with Vollyspot,
o any use of the Site or its related services that Vollyspot finds, in its sole discretion, to use the Site with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for Vollyspot.
· upload viruses or other malicious code.
· solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
· post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
· you will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the Site, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Site functionality.
Such unauthorised use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and applicable communications regulations and statutes.
You represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, those relating to the Internet, data, e-mail, privacy, and the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
If selected to provide services at a particular event, the Users will be required to agree to the employment terms and conditions imposed by the acting organisation. All the terms and conditions regarding the engagement of the User for a particular event, including payment, are to be determined between the User and third party employers.
- 12. Copyright Infringement Policy
- In accordance with the Copyright Act 1968 ("Copyright Act") and other applicable laws throughout the world, Vollyspot has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Vollyspot sole discretion, any access or ongoing use of the Site by Users who infringe the intellectual property rights of Vollyspot or any third party.
- 13. Denial of use:
- Vollyspot reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any content generated by Users, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate Users access to all or any part of the Site and/or Site Content at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
In particular, Vollyspot reserve the right to decide whether any use of the Site or Site Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, market displacing mentions, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length, or appropriate content.
Vollyspot reserve the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate Users access from the Site without warning if:
1. there is continued failure to deliver the required volunteer responsibilities as outlined in your role description.
2. there is repeated failure to attend the agreed rostered shifts in a punctual manner.
3. there is a breach of ethics such as theft or inappropriate behaviour or sexual harassment.
If at any time you would no longer like to receive communication from Vollyspot, please access your account and navigate to your ‘Account Settings’ where you will be able to deactivate your account. By deactivating your account you will no longer receive indirect communication from Vollyspot; however, your personal details will still remain on our system for historic record required to fulfill required business function and historic data use.
- 14. Disclaimers
- A. Content:
· Vollyspot is not responsible for any Content posted on the Site or in connection with services provided by Vollyspot on, or in relation to the Site, whether caused by Users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised by Vollyspot’s Services.
· Links or any other material or information created and posted by Vollyspot or Users on the Site may contain links to external websites. Vollyspot is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, completeness or for compliance with any laws, regulations or codes of conduct by Vollyspot. Inclusion of any linked website on the Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Vollyspot.
C. Third Party Sites:
· When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Vollyspot takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Site, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Vollyspot reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict certain domains or URLs at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
D. Conduct of Users:
· Vollyspot is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Site. Vollyspot assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any User communication.
E. Technical Issues
· Vollyspot is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Site or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Site.
F. Use of Site
· Use of Site
under no circumstances shall Vollyspot be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Vollyspot’s Services, from any content posted on or through the Site, or from the conduct of any Users of the Vollyspot’s Services and/or the Site, whether online or offline. The Vollyspot Services and the Site are provided "AS-IS" and as available and Vollyspot expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Vollyspot cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Vollyspot Services and/or the Site.
· The Site is controlled and offered by Vollyspot from its facilities in Australia and hosted from facilities in the USA. Vollyspot makes no representations that the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Site from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law. Users outside the United States consent to having their personal data transferred to and processed in the US. Users located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals shall not engage in commercial activities on Vollyspot (such as advertising or payments).
- 15. Limitation on Liability
- In no event shall Vollyspot be liable to you or any third party damages, including lost profit damages arising from your use of Vollyspot’s services and/or the Site, even if Vollyspot has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Not with standing anything to the contrary contained herein, Vollyspot’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Vollyspot for the Vollyspot’s services during the active term if any.
The User acknowledges that Vollyspot is not liable for any claim, action, demand, suit or proceeding for damages, debt, restitution, equitable compensation, account, injunction specific performance or any other remedy, including for the avoidance of doubt in relation to Occupational Health and Safety, in relation to the event.
If the engagement of the User is for payment by a third party organisation, the amount of the User’s remuneration for a particular event will be determined by the relevant third party organisation. Any post event issues regarding the User’s payment will be a matter between the third party organisation and the User.
You specifically acknowledge that Vollyspot shall not be liable for User submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
If fulfilling responsibilities onsite, Vollyspot do not take any responsibility for any personal possessions. We ask Users bring their mobile phones to the event; however we request mobile phones are not used whilst fulfilling tasks and kept on them at all times unless requested to by the onsite coordinator.
Vollyspot will not be liable for any expenses incurred in the course of involvement through our services.
- 16. Lanyards and Accreditation
- You will be issued with a lanyard and appropriate security passes to have access to the event venue. Each lanyard will be specific to the event you are working on. You will not be admitted to events that you are not directly involved in or have not received security passes for (unless you are an approved replacement for an absent volunteer). Volunteers found attending events that they are not working on and /or do not have a ticket for will be asked to leave.
You may not lend your lanyard to non-accredited people under any circumstances. If non-accredited people are found onsite, they will be asked to leave the premises. Please ensure that you do not misplace your lanyard. For security reasons, we must be very careful who is admitted into the event venues. If for some reason, your lanyard is misplaced, please notify your head volunteer or volunteer coordinator immediately.
- 17. Lateness and Absenteeism
- We request that all Users should arrive no less that 5-10 minutes prior to their scheduled time to ensure the onsite briefing at each event can occur on time. If you are running late, should happen to fall ill or unable to attend, please contact the onsite coordinator as soon as possible so that they can find a replacement.
- 18. Clothing
- All Users are required to wear clothing provided for them by Vollyspot. Vollyspot or the event will provide staff with a branded t-shirt, which you may be required to return at the end of the shift, please ask your volunteer coordinator when leaving the venue.
We request that you maintain the highest of grooming standards whilst participating in unpaid or paid involvements. Please remember that you are representing Vollyspot and the event and must always look your best.
- 19. Sign In / Sign off
- All Users are required to sign-in and sign-out at each event that they are rostered to work on. When you arrive on site, the head volunteer and/or volunteer coordinator will meet you and manage your sign-in, orientation and generic venue briefing. After you have signed-in and received your briefing, the head volunteer or volunteer coordinator will direct you to the relevant staff member, who will brief you on your specific tasks. Please note that it is essential you sign-in / out for your shift. If you do not sign-in and out you will not be able to collect your volunteer per diem amount and proof of volunteering. It is your responsibility to find the head volunteer / volunteer coordinator and make sure you are signed-in.
- 20. Insurances
- Vollyspot has no duty of care to those assisting onsite. This is reserved for the Event to arrange.
We ask volunteers who are assisting onsite in exchange for participating in the activity of volunteering arranged by Vollyspot agree to the following:
1.To observe and obey all posted rules and warnings and further agree to follow any verbal safety instructions or directions given by Vollyspot and/or its affiliate groups and vendors throughout the volunteer shift undertaken.
- 21. Photography & Use of images
- It is your responsibility to advise Vollyspot if you do not feel comfortable with your photo being taken at an event.
All images you upload to the Site, you agree that Vollyspot may display, republish and use for the purposes of promoting and advertising. Images uploaded by Users to the Site include but are not limited to, status post images, Photoboard images and profile images.
By accepting these Terms and participating in the activity of work / volunteering, by default you allow Vollyspot permission to take photographs of you during your Event involvement for the purpose of promoting and advertising. You are aware that these photo/s may be published and give permission for your name to be printed along side.
Vollyspot will use photos in good judgment and you have the right to revoke permission to capture and for the right of use. Revocation does not apply to printed photos that has already been produced and released, but to any subsequent productions.
- 22. Drugs and Alcohol
- Users must have a zero blood alcohol level whilst on duty. Along with ensuring participant and volunteer safety, not drinking maintains a perception of professionalism for both Vollyspot and its staff / volunteers. Individuals who are caught consuming any illicit drugs or alcohol whilst fulfilling their role will be asked to leave immediately and your details will be removed from our database.
- 23. Return of Vollyspot & Event Property
- At the time your shift concludes, you are required to return all property provided by Vollyspot or by the event under your control or in your possession.
- 24. Disputes
- If there is any dispute about or involving Vollyspot, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the Victoria, Australia, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to non-exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of Australia located in the State of Victoria.
- 25. Indemnity
- You agree to indemnify and hold Vollyspot, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
- 26. Contact Us
- If you would like any further information, or have any queries, problems or complaints in relation to our Terms or require additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.